Here are my projections for Thursday night's first-round of the NFL draft in New York City. Give me your thoughts via live chat at noon on Monday at www.mercurynews.com/sports:
1. Chiefs: OT Luke Joeckel (Texas A&M). Andy Reid knows the value of a stud at left offensive tackle. So does new Chiefs QB Alex Smith.
2. Jaguars: DT Sharrif Floyd (Miami). They finally find a replacement for Marcus Stroud and John Henderson to anchor their defensive line.
3. Raiders: DE Ezekiel Ansah (Brigham Young). They hope to find their first real pass-rushing threat since Derrick Burgess.
4. Eagles: OT Eric Fisher (Central Michigan). Coach Chip Kelly needs more linemen that can help protect sack-prone QB Michael Vick.
5. Lions: CB Dee Milliner (Alabama). It doesn't matter how many points the Lions high-powered offense scores if their defense can't stop the pass.
6. Browns: QB Geno Smith (West Virginia). Brandon Weeden isn't the answer, so it's time to move on and gamble on the most intriguing QB prospect of a questionable lot.
7. Cardinals: OT Lane Johnson (Oklahoma). QB Carson Palmer might retire unless the Cardinals bolster their offensive line.
8. Bills: QB Ryan Nassib (Syracuse). Kevin Kolb flopped in Arizona, and he's only keeping the starting job until the Bills find a better option.
9. Jets: LB Dion Jordan (Oregon). Rex Ryan loves defensive playmakers, and he needs one to make up for the loss of All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis.
10. Titans: G Jonathan Cooper (North Carolina). Guards typically don't go this high, but Cooper isn't your typical player.
11. Chargers: G Chance Warmack (Alabama). Warmack is another guard that is too talented to pass up in the first round.
12. Dolphins: DT Star Lotulelei (Utah). The prospect of Lotulelei's heart condition resurfacing is worth the risk on a player with such a big upside.
13. Jets (from Tampa Bay): CB Xavier Rhodes (Florida State). Someone has to fill the big shoes left behind when Revis got traded.
14. Panthers: RB Eddie Lacy (Alabama). The team that once had two reliable backs now is in search of just one.
15. Saints: DT Sheldon Richardson (Missouri). QB Drew Brees can do only so much. It's time for coach Sean Payton to think defense, defense, defense.
16. Rams: WR Cordarrelle Patterson (Tennessee). The loss of WR Danny Amendola makes it a no-brainer that the Rams find a potential replacement.
17. Steelers: LB Jarvis Jones (Georgia). The search for a replacement for James Harrison begins with Jones.
18. Cowboys: S Kenny Vaccaro (Texas). The Cowboys stay in state and select the top-rated safety for new defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin's scheme.
19. Giants: OT D.J. Fluker (Alabama). Coach Tom Coughlin finds someone that can protect QB Eli Manning and blow open huge holes in the running game.
20. Bears: LB Alec Ogletree (Georgia). Linebacker is a huge issue after the losses of Brian Urlacher and Nick Roach.
21. Bengals: CB Desmond Trufant (Washington). They're still trying to find a suitable replacement for Johnathan Joseph, and Trufant is the next man up.
22. Rams (from Washington): TE Tyler Eifert (Notre Dame). Coach Jeff Fisher gives QB Sam Bradford another toy to play with.
23. Vikings: LB Barkevious Mingo (Louisiana State). There's more to winning games than handing the ball to RB Adrian Peterson.
24. Colts: CB D.J. Hayden (Houston). The Colts get defensive after taking care of the offense early on in last year's draft.
25. Vikings (from Seattle): WR Tavon Austin (West Virginia). You can't afford to lose a player like Percy Harvin without a corresponding move.
26. Packers: OT Menelik Watson (Florida State). Right tackle remains a problem spot for the Packers. Watson is the cure.
27. Texans: WR Keenan Allen (California). Texans standout WR Andre Johnson wants another receiver, so he gets his wish.
28. Broncos: DE Tank Carradine (Florida State). They waste little time trying to make up for the loss of LB Elvis Dumervil in free agency.
29. Patriots: S Johnathan Cyprien (Florida International). Coach Bill Belichick takes a flier on a player whose stock soared in pre-draft workouts.
30. Falcons: DE Datone Jones (UCLA). Losing veteran John Abraham in free agency created a huge void on the defensive line. Jones steps in.
31. 49ers: TE Zach Ertz (Stanford). Jim Harbaugh finds his replacement for Delanie Walker down on The Farm, where former pupil Ertz roamed
32. Ravens: LB Manti Te'o (Notre Dame). They can't count upon Rolando McClain replacing Ray Lewis, so Te'o is the choice