OAKLAND -- A candlelight vigil and march is slated downtown tonight in memory of a Skyline High School student shot and killed by police last year.

The event, set for 6:30 p.m., comes on the eve of the one-year anniversary of the death of Alan Blueford, who was 18 when he died.

Those who plan to attend are being asked to meet at 98th and Bancroft avenues to march to 9200 Birch Street, the site where Blueford was killed May 6, 2012.

In early October, prosecutors decided the officer who shot and killed Blueford would not face criminal charges as the Alameda County District Attorney's office determined the shooting was justified.

In a report, District Attorney Nancy O'Malley said she agreed with the conclusions of a senior deputy district attorney who investigated the shooting and found that Officer Miguel Masso had an "actual and reasonable belief that he or others in the area were about to be shot by Mr. Blueford."

The shooting death of Blueford has caused major disruptions at City Hall as family members and supporters have accused the police department of covering up for Masso and have claimed that the shooting death was unjustified.

The group has held several rallies since Blueford was killed, including a raucous gathering at a City Council meeting in September which disrupted proceedings and led council President Larry Reid to shut down the meeting.

The family has also filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against the city.

John Burris, the family's attorney, has said he was not surprised by the report's findings and said it has no bearing on the federal wrongful death lawsuit filed against the city. Burris continues to maintain that Blueford did not point his gun at Masso.

But the district attorney's report found that Masso did nothing wrong in the early morning hours of May 6, when he chased Blueford on foot and eventually shot him three times.

For more information, visit www.justice4alanblueford.org

Contact Natalie Neysa Alund at 510-293-2469. Follow her at Twitter.com/nataliealund.