An El Sobrante man wanted by police in connection with the shooting death of a Pinole man last month surrendered Wednesday to the Contra Costa Sheriff's Office, a spokesman said.
Kyle Navarro, 20, turned himself in about 10:30 a.m. at the County Jail in Martinez, sheriff's spokesman Jimmy Lee said. Authorities had issued an arrest warrant for Navarro on Monday, after the Contra Costa District Attorney's Office filed a murder charge against him.
He remained at the jail Wednesday afternoon in lieu of $2 million bail.
The arrest is the second since the March 31 killing of 24-year-old Nicholas Callen. Sheriff's deputies found Callen dead from a gunshot wound after responding around 2:50 p.m. that day to the 2600 block of Cornelius Drive in Tara Hills, an unincorporated part of Contra Costa County.
On April 16, sheriff's detectives and deputies, along with agents from the U.S. Marshals Service, arrested 28-year-old Michael McQueen, in Sonoma. McQueen has been charged with first-degree murder and has been held at County Jail in Martinez in lieu of $ 2 million bail since his arrest.
Authorities are still seeking additional information regarding the shooting, and urged anyone who might have some to call 925-313-2600. Anonymous tips can be left at 866-846-3592 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Rick Hurd at 925-945-4789 and follow him at Twitter.com/3rderh.