1. APPLE-SAMSUNG RIP-OFF TRIAL
World's top-two smartphone makers resume billion-dollar court fight over iPhone and iPad patents.
2. POLL SHOWS JUMP IN JERRY BROWN POPULARITY
Governor enjoying record-high job approval ratings after persuading Californians to approve Proposition 30 tax hikes.
3. ADULT EDUCATION SYSTEM NEEDS OVERHAUL
Report says state's $2 billion adult education system is a disjointed hodgepodge of courses, fees and faculty.
4. EXTRADITION HEARING FOR QUADRUPLE SLAYING SUSPECTS
Four suspects arrested in Las Vegas face hearing to return them to Los Angeles for killings in suburban Northridge.
5. THERE MAY BE A BIGGER PORT FIGHT AHEAD
Eight-day Los Angeles-Long Beach port strike over and cargo moving, but walkout may be prelude to upcoming West Coast dockworker contract talks.