1. STATE WANTS TO REDUCE INMATE RELEASES
Substantial progress made in solving prison overcrowding and officials ask federal officials to modify inmate numbers.
2. COMPUTER GLITCH CANCELS FOOD STAMPS
Electronic Benefit Cards for nearly 40,000 CalFresh recipients in 18 counties rendered useless because of computer problems.
3. SAY GOODBYE TO MULTIPLE CHOICE TEST QUESTIONS
State schools superintendent unveiling tests with critical thinking skills on standardized exams.
4. EMPTY FUEL TANKER HITS SAN FRANCISCO-OAKLAND BAY BRIDGE
Coast Guard plans to interview pilot of 752-foot ship that struck bridge tower.
5. BAD NEWS FOR SACRAMENTO-SAN JOAQUIN DELTA HEALTH
Fish count shows populations of California's six Delta fish species are dwindling, erasing 2011 gains made during wet-winter.