1. GIFFORDS LAUNCHES GUN CONTROL SITE AFTER MASS SHOOTINGS
The ex-Arizona congresswoman and her husband say they want to raise money "to balance the influence of the gun lobby."
1. WHY A BENGHAZI SUSPECT WAS RELEASED
The man suspected in the Sept. 11 attack on Libya's U.S. consulate was freed on terrorism charges in Tunisia.
3. KEY REPUBLICANS OPPOSE OBAMA'S DEFENSE PICK
Critics say former Republican senator Chuck Hagel is too critical of Israel and soft on Iran.
4. WHAT THE OFFICER WHO CAUGHT THE COLORADO SHOOTING SUSPECT SAW
Jason Oviatt says James Holmes seemed "detached," although he was sweating profusely after the rampage that killed 12 at the suburban movie theater.
5. 'YOU DON'T GET CONDITIONS WORSE THAN THIS'
Southeast Australia firefighters issue catastrophic threat levels after scores of blazes destroyed homes and left 100 people missing.
6. WHO WINS IN AN $8.5 BILLION MORTGAGE FRAUD SETTLEMENT
Hundreds of thousands of Americans will benefit, but consumers say U.S. banks will wipe out huge potential liabilities.
7. MYSTERIOUS DEATH OF A CHICAGO LOTTERY WINNER
Police open a homicide investigation six months after $425,000 winner Urooj Khan died, saying he ingested a lethal dose of cyanide.
8. ARE WE THERE YET?
Simulations of a 17-month journey to Mars made would-be spacemen drowsy - acting like bears on the verge of hibernation.
A second inquest Tuesday confirms that the singer died in 2011 of accidental alcohol poisoning.
10. A WOULD-BE CLASSIC TURNS INTO A ROUT
No. 2 Alabama bashed No. 1 Notre Dame 42-14 to roll to its second straight BCS championship.