The Orange County Register ( http://bit.ly/VrHAFo) says the claims of civil rights violations, physical and emotional injury were filed last week and Tuesday. The eight, including an 11-year-old girl, are seeking $500,000 each. Two other men filed claims last year.
All claim they were injured as police tried to control neighbors who gathered on July 21 after officers killed Manuel Diaz. Diaz was unarmed and the shooting sparked protests.
The claimants can sue if the city rejects their claims.
Mayor Tom Tait says the claims will be looked at seriously.
Information from: The Orange County Register, http://www.ocregister.com