Green chicken Enchiladas
8 6-inch corn tortillas
12/3 cup shredded, cooked chicken
8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
10-ounce can green chile enchilada sauce
4-ounce can diced green chilies
¼ cup water
¼ cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wrap tortillas in foil and place them in the hot oven.
2. While tortillas warm, mix together chicken, 1 cup cheese and green chilies in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Place green chile enchilada sauce, water and sour cream in a blender and blend until smooth. Remove tortillas from oven. Spread half the green sauce mixture in a 13-inch by 9-inch glass baking dish, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Spoon a few tablespoons of the chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll to close. Place each tortilla in the prepared baking dish seam-side down. Pour remaining green sauce over the filled tortillas. Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Uncover dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 8 minutes more, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
-- Dana Chavez