This couple may like to think of themselves as new-age green, but they're missing the mark. Can you find 10 things our neighborhood couple is doing wrong? Some of them are a little tricky, so look hard.
Answers to the Green Quiz:
1. Water hose left running. That's not the way to be a green gardener.
2. Somebody's PG&E bill is awfully high. That's not the way to flex your power.
3. The peace-mobile not only guzzles gas, it's spewing a lot of emissions, too.
4. This pair may be running afoul of the fashion police, but their garb isn't eco-friendly, made of synthetics and shipped across the ocean for sale here.
5. Oh dear, is that a plastic grocery bag?
6. And that produce is out-of-season, so it's a safe bet this couple doesn't "eat local."
7. E-waste in the garbage can? That's a huge no-no.
8. And is she throwing out her local newspaper? There's a recycling bin for that. Or better yet, the paper is printed with a soy-based ink, so it's safe for mulching in the garden.
9. Everyone walks around with water bottles these days, but it doesn't make it green.
10. Hazardous waste such as oil and paint doesn't belong on the curb.