A man was treated for minor burns to his feet after he tried to stomp out a fire that had broken out as he grilled ribs on his balcony, according to the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District.

The one-alarm fire occurred in the 1600 block of Clayton Road shortly before 9 p.m. Monday as a man was barbequing barefoot on the balcony of his condominium, said Robert Marshall, a district spokesman. The fire may have been caused by grease underneath the barbeque, but was contained to the balcony.

Follow Karina Ioffee at Twitter.com/kioffee.




Advertisement