Subject: THE GREATER ANTILLES
1. Name the second- and third-largest countries.
2. Which country's capital city is (a) Havana (b) Kingston?
3. Which sea lies to the south of the Greater Antilles?
4. What is the second-largest island in the Caribbean?
5. Name the U.S. territory in the region.
6. Which war ceded the territory to the United States?
7. Which British territory is a major world offshore financial center?
8. Which of the countries was the first independent nation of Latin America?
9. Which capital city is the site of the first permanent European settlement in the Americas?
1. Dominican Republic, Haiti.
2. (a) Cuba, (b) Jamaica.
3. Caribbean Sea.
5. Puerto Rico.
6. Spanish-American War.
7. Cayman Islands.
9. Santo Domingo.
North Atlantic Syndicate