A gas leak was reported this morning at a home in Martinez where a PG&E worker was doing routine maintenance, a utility spokeswoman said.
The leak was reported at 9:43 a.m. at a home in the 100 block of Fountainhead Court in Martinez, PG&E spokeswoman Tamar Sarkissian said.
A PG&E employee had been doing routine scheduled work at the home and called for another crew to come out to assist because a corroded gas riser had snapped during the work, Sarkissian said.
A riser is a piece of equipment that comes out of the ground and connects the gas service line to the meter at the home, she said.
The home's resident was asked to evacuate until crews stopped the gas leak at 10:45 a.m., according to Sarkissian.
She said repairs to the line are expected to finish this afternoon.
No other PG&E customers were affected by the leak, she said.
Copyright © 2014 by Bay City News, Inc. Republication, re-transmission or reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.