ALAMEDA -- A home sustained roughly $5,000 in damages after firefighters quickly contained a kitchen blaze Wednesday afternoon.

The fire, reported around 5:10 p.m., was located at a residence on the 1500 block of St. Charles Street.

No firefighters or homeowners were injured and there was no other damage to other rooms in the home, said Alameda City Fire Department spokesperson Jim Colburn.

This fire comes on the heels of a fire Tuesday afternoon that displaced tenants from their apartment on the 2100 block of San Jose Avenue after a floor furnace caused a rug to catch fire.

Contact Katie Nelson at 925-945-4780 or follow her at Twitter.com/katienelson210.