SANTIAGO, Chile—More than 200 people are being treated for food poisoning in Chile after eating hot dogs during an outing at a park.

Local media in the South American nation say the adults and children ate spoiled sausages or bad mayonnaise during the affair organized by a family benefit fund.

It was held at a park in San Jose de Maipo. That's a town about 30 miles (48 kilometers) south-east of the capital of Santiago.

The sick are being treated at local hospitals. Some children have been released but others are being held for observation.