PLEASANTON -- A small fire that started near an electrical panel damaged a Mexican restaurant and left several nearby stores without power Wednesday morning, officials said.

No one was injured. Firefighters were working with PG&E crews to get power restored to as many businesses as possible, according to Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Deputy Chief Jane Moorhead.

The fire was reported about 5:15 a.m. at Rancho Grande Taqueria, 2707 Hopyard Blvd. The fire didn't cause heavy damage to the building, but firefighters had to open a hole in the wall to get to the flames, Moorhead said.

About 20 firefighters responded to the call. The fire was likely electrical in origin, Moorhead added.

The fire was contained by about 5:30 a.m., Moorhead said. Power was quickly restored to some of the shops in the strip mall, but other stores, including Gene's Fine Foods, were still without power around 7 a.m.

Contact Daniel M. Jimenez at 510-262-2728. Follow him at Twitter.com/DMJreports.



Advertisement