MARTINEZ -- A former Concord man was convicted Friday of molesting a former girlfriend's daughter in 1992.

Kenneth Myers, 67, was captured last year by Las Vegas police acting on a 19-year-old arrest warrant issued by Concord police, deputy district attorney Derek Butts said.

The victim was 9 years old when she told her mother that Myers molested her. When the mother confronted Myers, he walked out the door, never to be seen by the woman again, Butts said. The mother died in 2007.

Myers testified at his trial that he never touched the girl inappropriately and disputed the now-adult victim's assertion that he was her mother's boyfriend one summer.

He described the victim's mother as an acquaintance who on a couple occasions let him shower at her house because he was working as a projectionist at Capri Theatre in Concord and living in the projection room at the time.

A Contra Costa County jury deliberated for about 75 minutes before finding Myers guilty Friday of one count of lewd and lascivious acts on a child under the age of 14. It was the second trial for Myers: a hung jury in June voted 11-to-1 to convict.

Myers could receive three, six or eight years in prison at his sentencing, scheduled for Dec. 7.

Contact Malaika Fraley at 925-234-1684. Follow her at Twitter.com/malaikafraley.