RODEO -- A single-alarm kitchen fire damaged a home Tuesday evening, but no one was injured.

The blaze was reported at 6:27 p.m. at a single-story home in the 900 block of Beachpoint Way. Arriving firefighters found smoke and fire at the rear of the home, but the occupants had already evacuated.

The fire was confined to the kitchen and the attic, and caused about $50,000 in damage, according to Contra Costa Fire Battalion Chief Len Goetsch. The fire was accidental, he said.

Red Cross staff came to the scene to help the displaced residents find temporary housing.

Contact Daniel M. Jimenez at djimenez@bayareanewsgroup.com. Follow him at Twitter.com/DMJreports.