DANVILLE -- Shelter-in-place orders were lifted just before noon Wednesday for two schools after police and firefighters investigated reports of a natural gas odor.
John F. Baldwin Elementary School and Charlotte Wood Middle School, both on Brookside Drive, were given the order around 11 a.m. Wednesday, according to San Ramon Valley Fire District spokeswoman Kimberly French.
The odor was originally reported about 10:44 a.m. by a caller on Lehigh Valley Circle, about three blocks from both campuses. Firefighters and sheriff's deputies searched the area but could not find any leak; PG&E workers were continuing to investigate in the area, French said.
There were no reports of fire or injuries.