SAN PABLO -- A fire extensively damaged a home early Friday morning and may have been started by an unattended cigarette, authorities said.

No one was injured.

The blaze was reported about 1:58 a.m. at the home in the 1500 block of Colin Street, according to a Contra Costa Fire Protection District dispatcher. Firefighters found smoke and flame coming from the home's front windows when they arrived.

The fire was reported under control around 2:16 a.m. No one was home when the blaze was reported, officials said.

Five engines and one truck company responded to the fire from Contra Costa Fire and the Richmond Fire Department.

Contact Daniel M. Jimenez at djimenez@bayareanewsgroup.com. Follow him at Twitter.com/DMJreports.



Advertisement