ALAMEDA -- Firefighters battled two structure fires on Sunday that damaged buildings and displaced one resident, fire officials said.

No injuries were reported in either blaze.

The first fire broke out just before 8:39 a.m. at an abandoned two-story apartment building in the 100 block of West Stardust Place, Alameda fire Capt. James Colburn said.

Fire crews responded to a report of smoke coming from the building found a small fire on the second floor, Colburn said. Firefighters had the blaze out quick and the home's second floor sustained damages.

No one was in the building when the blaze broke out.

The second fire was reported at 6:10 p.m. after residents in the 400 block of Haight Avenue saw a ceiling fan drop to the floor, followed by burning embers, Colburn said.

Firefighters said the fire began in the attic. Damage was limited to the second-floor living room and roof was estimated at $55,000 for the structure and its contents. The fire also damaged the electrical wiring which caused the tenant to be displaced, Colburn said.

Contact Natalie Neysa Alund at 510-293-2469. Follow her at Twitter.com/nataliealund.