HAYWARD -- A gas leak at Colonial Acres Elementary School disrupted classes for a brief period Tuesday morning, school and fire officials said.
No injuries were reported.
Fire crews were dispatched at 8:10 a.m. to the school at 17115 Meekland Ave. for a report of a gas main break, Alameda County Fire Department spokeswoman Aisha Knowles said.
Firefighters located the source of the leak and capped it until Pacific Gas & Electric workers were able to respond to secure a broken valve, Knowles said.
The school reopened a short time later, a school spokeswoman said.
Contact Natalie Neysa Alund at 510-293-2469. Follow her at Twitter.com/nataliealund.