PLEASANTON -- A kitchen fire in a Pleasanton restaurant caused about $45,000 in damage Sunday afternoon, but the eatery was closed at the time and no one was injured, a fire department spokesman said.

Shortly before 4 p.m., the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department was called to a structure fire at Zorn's Restaurant at 3015 Hopyard Road, and found smoke throughout the restaurant and coming from the roof.

The restaurant was closed when the fire broke out in the kitchen and no one was injured, the fire department spokesman said.

Crews had the fire out in about five minutes and no smoke or fire spread to adjacent businesses.

Pleasanton police and the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department are investigating the fire, but it's believed liquids on an unattended stovetop sparked the fire. It was not known Sunday night when the restaurant will reopen.

Reach Kristin J. Bender at kbender@bayareanewsgroup.com. Follow her at Twitter.com/kjbender.



Advertisement