Harrison Ford's broken ankle may cause serious disruptions in shooting schedule of "Star Wars: Episode VII."

This better not mess up next Christmas.

Ford will likely miss six to eight weeks of filming, after a hydraulic door from Han Solo's iconic Millennium Falcon spaceship repeatedly fell on him last week in London, according to reports.

Luke was right -- what a piece of junk.

"The initial day or two after the accident it was hard to move things around but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back," a production source told London's Mirror.

"There are lots of other actors in the movie so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule."

It better. If they don't get all that merchandise out next December, I don't get those new Chewbacca pillow cases.

The source said Ford -- who had to be airlifted from the set to a hospital -- would be off the set for at least six weeks while he recovers.

The 71-year-old actor's son, Ben Ford, told Access Hollywood his father may need surgery to add a plate and screws to the bone.

By the way, how would having Han Solo, Indiana Jones and Jack Ryan as your father affect a guy? Nothing to live up to or anything.

Lucasfilm and Disney have said filming would continue while Ford recovers, though reports are circulating that major shifts in scheduling will be necessary.

J.J. Abrams' film is scheduled to be released on Dec. 18, 2015.


Advertisement

Tony Hicks provides celebrity commentary for the Bay Area News Group. Contact him at Facebook.com/BayAreaNewsGroup.TonyHicks or Twitter.com/insertfoot.