BERKELEY -- The second suspect in the shooting of two men in South Berkeley earlier this month turned himself in Friday, police said.
Anthony Durant, 23, of Berkeley walked into the Berkeley Police Department around 3:15 a.m. and surrendered, Officer Jennifer Coats said. Police issued a warrant charging Durant with assault with a deadly weapon after the June 11 shooting.
Two men, ages 18 and 21, were shot in the 1600 block of Russell Street near California Street around 4:30 p.m. on June 11. Both have recovered.
Police arrested another suspect, 22-year-old Donzale Mejia, of Oakland, on Thursday at an undisclosed location.
Durant was in custody Friday afternoon in the Berkeley jail, Coats said.
Some guns were recovered after the shooting, but police have not said whether they were used in the shooting. The investigation remains ongoing, Coats said, and anyone with information is urged to call the Berkeley homicide unit at 510-981-5741 or 510-981-5900. Anonymous callers can leave tips at Bay Area Crime Stoppers tip line at 1-800-222-8477.
Contact Rick Hurd at 925-945-4789 and follow him at Twitter.com/3rderh