SAN LEANDRO -- A two-alarm fire damaged a San Leandro beauty salon Sunday morning, a fire spokeswoman said.
Crews were dispatched at 9:16 a.m. to Stylist Hair Salon at 197 Pelton Center Way for a report of the building on fire, Alameda County Fire spokeswoman Aisha Knowles said. The fire was knocked down in about 20 minutes, Knowles said.
A firefighter went to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The fire started in a room used for facials and the cause was electrical. A damage estimate was not available Sunday evening as the fire investigator was still compiling that information, Knowles said.
Staff writer Kristin J. Bender contributed to this report. Contact Natalie Neysa Alund at 510-293-2469. Follow her at Twitter.com/nataliealund.