CONCORD -- All lanes of Concord Boulevard were reopened late Tuesday morning after a truck crashed into a power pole the day before and shut down power to about 1,750 PG&E customers, police said.
Police shut down all lanes of traffic in both directions until 3 a.m. Tuesday, when they reopened all but one in the eastbound direction of the busy thoroughfare, Concord police Lt. Ivan Menchaca said.
Officers reopened the final eastbound lane just before 11 a.m. Tuesday, Menchaca said.
"It took PG&E practically all night to get everything taken care of," he said.
Concord Boulevard was closed for most of Monday after the driver of an Astound cable truck crashed into a tree about 8:40 a.m., then hit a wooden power pole on Concord Boulevard near Hames Drive, police said.
The force of the crash caused the truck to turn on its side and knocked down several power lines. The driver was uninjured and no other vehicles were involved.
The crash shut down Concord Boulevard from Ayers Road to Trailcreek Court and detours were set up in the area.
PG&E crews worked the entire day to install a power pole.
As of Tuesday morning service had been restored to all 1,750 PG&E customers, according to PG&E's website.
The cause of the crash remained under investigation Tuesday.
Contact Natalie Neysa Alund at 510-293-2469. Follow her at Twitter.com/nataliealund.