PITTSBURG -- Firefighters put out a two-alarm fire Saturday morning set off when fryer grease burst into flames at a Carl's Jr. restaurant.
Firefighters were called at 8:33 a.m. by a worker at the restaurant on Century Boulevard near Auto Center Road reporting the grease fire, said Contra Costa County Fire Marshal Robert Marshall.
The fire was controlled about an hour later, hesaid.
The fast food restaurant was open when the caught fire broke out ,and employees and customers safely exited, he said.
Marshall said that typically either a heating element overheats or the blaze breaks out due to a lack of cleaning.
ConFire will hand the case over to the company's insurance carrier to determine the fire's cause, Marshall said.
Contact Natalie Neysa Alund at 510-293-2469. Follow her at Twitter.com/nataliealund.