The Army's Camp Parks Reserve Forces Training Area in Dublin is used to train and mobilize reserves in case of war and natural disaster.
Located on 2,472 acres in Dublin north of the Pleasanton-Dublin BART station, the camp has 89 buildings, including the $14 million new Robert Hernandez training center building.
Camp Parks is home to the Army's 91st Division.
The camp opened in 1943 as home to the Navy Seabees and welcomed Seabee battalions returning from the Pacific Theater in World War II.
The camp was named after Navy Rear Admiral Charles Parks.
The facility was transferred to the Army in 1959. In 1980, the Army officially designated Camp Parks as a semiactive installation.
Reserve units permanently stationed at Camp Parks conduct weekend training throughout the year.