ANAHEIM -- Sharks owner Hasso Plattner is not ready to share his thoughts on the team's current struggles.

When Plattner announced Jan. 30 that he was increasing his majority interest in Sharks Sports and Entertainment by purchasing shares held by Kevin Compton and Stratton Sclavos, the German high-tech entrepreneur said he would continue their past practice of not commenting publicly about the team. All hockey questions were to be directed to general manager Doug Wilson and all business-related question to executive vice-president Malcolm Bordelon.

At the time, the Sharks were 6-0-0; since then, San Jose has a 6-9-6 record.

In an email exchange, Plattner acknowledged Monday that "the facts are the facts" as far as the team's wins and losses but declined to comment beyond that. Asked about accountability for players, coaches and the general manager, he again said all questions should be directed to Wilson.

Wilson, who is going to Toronto on Tuesday for the NHL's general managers meetings, has indicated that the team remains committed to a "reset and refresh" approach to its roster that keeps the Sharks in playoff contention every year rather than a total overhaul that could mean missing the postseason for an extended period. Whether any changes would come before the April 3 trade deadline likely would depend on what he sees from the team over the next two weeks.