Cory Monteith shot heroin and drank champagne in his hotel room on the night of his death, according to the final coroner's report.
The "Glee" star was found dead just after noon on July 13 in his hotel room in Vancouver, Canada. According to TMZ, responders discovered a "spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle." They also found two empty champagne bottles and glasses.
The coroner lists Monteith's official cause of death as "mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol." The report also says Monteith, who was 31, "had a history of illicit drug use with intermittent periods of rehabilitation and of abstinence from drugs."
The report also suggests that Monteith's tolerance for drugs and alcohol may have been lower than usual because he temporarily stopped using following an April trip to rehab.