"Star Wars: Episode VII" is officially shooting.

Nerds, start your inhalers.

Disney Chairman Alan Horn on Sunday said cameras have started rolling, even though director J.J. Abrams is still working on filling in the cast, according to Variety.

"We have a lot of them, it's not completely done yet," Horn said during an interview at Loyola Marymount School of Film and Television in Los Angeles. "We're actually shooting some of it now."

That's good news for fans, as it means the project is ahead of schedule (for now). Lucasfilm announced last month that filming would begin in May.

The story picks up three decades after what transpired in 1983's "Return of the Jedi."

Mark Hammil (left) as Luke Skywalker, Carrie Fisher (center) as Princess Leia and Harrison Ford as Han Solo all got their big breaks in the the original
Mark Hammil (left) as Luke Skywalker, Carrie Fisher (center) as Princess Leia and Harrison Ford as Han Solo all got their big breaks in the the original ``Star Wars in 1977. ( Lucasfilm Ltd.)

Let's hope that was sufficient time to get away from the ewoks.

Filming is supposedly happening at Pinewood Studios in London.

The cast reportedly includes the original trilogy's big three: Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher, though Disney has only confirmed the return of R2-D2. "Girls" actor Adam Driver has reportedly been cast as a new villain.

The movie is scheduled to be released Dec. 18, 2015.

Contact Tony Hicks at Facebook.com/BayAreaNewsGroup.TonyHicks or Twitter.com/insertfoot.