Few things are more luxurious than an infinity pool, where water meets horizon in a seamless, swooning swoop. Alto, the interior design and lifestyle magazine, took on the onerous task of investigating and ranking the best infinity pools in the world. It's a tough job, but someone had to do it (we just wish it were us). No U.S. swim spots made the top 10 list, but four Caribbean resorts share the glory with hotels from Greece to Indonesia. The top pool lies 100 meters above the Indian Ocean at Bali's Alila Villas Uluwatu. Barcelona's rooftop pool at the Grand Hotel Central clocks in at No. 3. And one glance at the Playa Vik Jose pool, where you can watch both the sunrise and sunset, may have you booking plane tickets to Uruguay stat.
Here's the list. Find stunning photographs of all 10 on the free Eat Drink Play app for iPad, Kindle Fire and Android tablets.
1. Alila Villas Uluwatu, Bali, Indonesia
2. Jade Mountain, St. Lucia
3. Grand Hotel Central, Barcelona, Spain
4. Parrot Cay by COMO, Turks and Caicos
5. Boucan by Hotel Chocolat, St. Lucia
6. Playa Vik José Ignacio, José Ignacio, Uruguay
7. Grace Santorini, Santorini, Greece
8. Alila Villas Soori, Bali, Indonesia
9. Strawberry Hill, St. Andrew, Jamaica
10. Domaine des Andéols, Saint-Saturnin-Lès-Apt, France