To publish an obituary in the Contra Costa Times, East County Times, West County Times, Valley Times and San Ramon Valley Times:
There are two options available for placing an Obituary in the Times. In either case you have the option to take advantage of the 3 days for the price of two program that gives your notice more exposure to friends of your loved one. Below are instructions for placing a notice.
- Go to www.bayareaobits.com and place the notice. This will provide you with an immediate proof copy of the notice (including photo, if desired) and exact cost. The process is very easy. There are instructions on each page and tabs with helpful information. Notices cannot be published without prepayment. All notices will be reviewed for appropriate content. Notices placed after hours or on weekends will not appear until they have been reviewed during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8AM to 4PM, closed on major holidays).
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include your telephone number, name and address, date that you would like the notice to start, number of days it should run, a Word document with the text of the notice and photo in JPG format (200 dpi, 5x7 500K max). Omission of contact information may cause delays in publication of your notice. Notices will be set up as soon as possible and a coordinator will send you a proof and cost of the notice. Notices cannot be published without prepayment.
If you need additional information, please contact us at 925-943-8020.
Cut-Off Times: (subject to change during holidays periods): Please submit notices by Noon Monday-Friday for publication the following day. For Sunday-Monday editions, photos must be submitted by Noon on Friday with text by 2 p.m. Friday. Funeral Homes using Electronic Obituaries have extended cut-off times.
- Submit in paragraph format. Begin with the name of the deceased, followed by date of birth and death (optional), and the city of residence (required).
- You may include some background information hobbies, employment, social or religious affiliations, and military service.
- List any loved ones who predeceased the individual, then list those who are survivors (last names and city/state of residence of survivors may be included as well).
- List the time, date and location of both the visitation and the funeral service.
All paid notices will be available to view online at contracostatimes.com for one year after publication. You will receive an email notification concerning enhancing your notice online with additional photos, video and audio. This is offered at no charge.