The Hercules City Council and the West Contra Costa Unified School District board will hold a joint special workshop Tuesday to discuss a variety of issues affecting public schools, parent and students in the city.
Discussion items will include:
* an update on Ohlone Elementary School construction
* safety in Hercules Schools
* an update on Hercules Middle-High School
* a joint facility use agreement between the city and the school district
* the need, and possible site, for a new school in Hercules
* district capital project plans for Hercules
* a debt limit waiver for the West Contra Costa school district in connection with the 2012 Measure E.
The joint workshop meeting will be from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and will follow a special Hercules City Council meeting dealing with an unrelated real property matter. Both meetings will be in the council chamber at Hercules City Hall, 111 Civic Dr.