EL SOBRANTE -- An El Sobrante man was shot to death Sunday night, a Contra Costa Sheriff's Office spokesman said Monday.

Sheriff's deputies found 32-year-old Francisco Medina in the driveway of a home in the 4200 block of Santa Rita Road around 9:40 p.m. after responding to a 911 call, Sheriff's Office spokesman Jimmy Lee said. Medina had been shot more than once and was airlifted to John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek, where he was pronounced dead, Lee said.

Medina was identified by Contra Costa Coroner's authorities Monday morning.

Crime scene technicians were called to the scene and processed it for evidence, Lee said. Detectives were still conducting interviews Monday in an attempt to establish a motive and identify a suspect.

No arrests have been made. The homicide was the first in El Sobrante in 2014.

Anyone with information is urged to call the Sheriff's Office at 925-313-2600. Anonymous tips can be left at 866-846-3592 or by email at tips@so.cccounty.us.

Check back for updates.

Contact Rick Hurd at 925-945-4789 and follow him at Twitter.com/3rdERH.